New beardie is behaving weird, also vomiting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clide124

I just got a bearded dragon 8 days ago. I understand that he may still be getting used to me and his new environment. But when he thinks I'm watching him he doesn't move around much, or even eat. But if my girlfriend comes over, then he starts waving at her, eating a bunch, moving around his cage more, stuff that I wish he would do all the time. He does seem to eat some when I'm out, or if I'm not watching. I've also noticed that he has spent most of his time on the cooler side of his cage recently.

He has also puked twice now since I got him. The first time I believe was because his cage wasn't warm enough. Yesterday his temps were running about 10 degrees hotter than they were before (90 cool 115 warm) and I was trying to figure out why. But this morning I discover that puke after i turned his lights on... So I'm not sure why he would puke if the temps were too hot.. I'm wondering if it's because he spent all day on the cool side, as i mentioned before..

I have handled him a few times just to clean his tank but I know I should keep it at a minimum in the early days of getting him.

Details about him and the tank:

It's a 20L tank (so 29 gal I think?).

Hot side is currently 105 F with a very short rock under and some lizard latter to let him get a little closer if he needs.

Cool side is 80 F with a half log for him to climb on or go under.

I don't know the brands of all the lights but I have an incandescent Zilla Slimline bulb meant for dessert lizards spanning most of the cage, a heat bulb, and a uva "zoo med daylight blue reptile bulb" on the cooler side (it's only 60watts so it isn't too hot)

The lizard is about 5 months old he as was at the pet store for a while before I bought him.

This is my first beardie so I'm worried about him, any advice and feedback is greatly appreciated.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. How are you taking the temps? Is there plastic over the uvb bulb? Those aren't very good bulbs. You will want to up grade to the reptisun 10.0 t5. That blue daybulb is worhless. Also you should give him some water drop it on his snout so he doesn't get dehydrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom