Yellow Fungus and Healthy Enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

leanboy70

Hi there.
My beardie was diagnosed with yellow fungus just over a year ago. She nearly died but with amazing vet care, and taking it a day at a time she gradually started regaining her weight. Recently she had another relapse with some open sores that we're currently treating again along with the vet, and started developing seizures, but her appetite is still really good. Once she was in recovery previously I had switched her "newspaper" covered enclosure, and boxes back to her comfy rocks, wood logs, and reptile carpet. I washed, sanitized all the items with f10 and even baked the wood and rocks to get rid of any lingering trace of the yellow fungus, but now the fungus is back, do I need to remove everything again even if I keep it really clean. I could do paper towel, but I feel so bad when I take her basking items away...I think it's stressful every time I change the boxes for new ones. Unfortunately she lost quite a few toe nails, she's weak and so it's hard for her to climb up plastic bins. I just wanted some advice in how to create some alternative creature comforts that I can keep spore free.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor girl, that's a sad situation. It's great that you're taking such care of her. :) You can use rolled up towels as basking spots and/or little wooden ramps that have a very gradual incline.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah keeping everything low and accessible is good. If you don't want to go completely disposable again this time just keep using the F10 at a relatively strong concentration (1:100-250 or so) and that should be pretty effective against it as will heat on wooden objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom