Is my little guy dehydrated??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtthwvlz

Hey everyone so I was looking at frenchie today and his eyes kind of seemed droopy or sunken in a little bit to me, or atleast not as open as I remember them being, he is still alert and attacks his food.
-reptisun t8 mounted inside
-zoomed 100w repti basking bulb
-current basking temp 101.8
-cool side temp 90 (trying to figure out how to lower it since i live in arizona :/ )
should i be giving him constant baths since my state is so damn hot?
97944-5224673874.jpg
97944-7108088122.jpg

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
The basking temp on the Log should not be higher than 105F. Give him some water by dripping some on his nose with an eye dropper or your finger

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

I Do not think he is dehydrated because his skin does not look that wrinkly. Although the cool side temp is WAY too hot and you could cook him unless the temps on the cool side are lowered.

The cool side temps should be around 70 degrees, The hot end around 85 degrees, and Since you have a younger beardie the basking spot should be 105-110 because baby beadies need more heat then the adults do when it comes to basking.

If he is dehydrated you can tell by pinching a part of the skin (not hard though) and if it does not immediately go back to place or it stays there for a a while then he might be dehydrated. Although even well hydrated beardies skin can sometimes take a second to go back into it's original place

-HippieLizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom