Throw up/Undigested food??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I was cleaning the enclosures and I got to my youngest beardie's enclosure whos about 13 months old or so named Neptune. I look in her enclosure and I see poop, looks a bit odd to me as well as seeming to be watery. I then go to clean that but i looked over just slightly and right next to that behind the basking platform is just this mass of what looks to be undigested superworms, some mealworm beetles, black soldier fly and a few turkish roaches/red runners which she all had the day before.

Neptune seems completely fine though, no black bearding, no signs of any stress from what I can see. And she's also hungry like normal so no change in appetite. Currently she is basking on her basking platform acting completely normal.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey there, what are the temps. in her tank ? It looks more like poo with undigested supers. Usually they lose their appetite for at least a day if they vomit, too so I don't think it's vomit. Ho many of each insect did she eat ? Maybe too much , possibly fed too late to digest ?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh sorry forgot to include the temps in her tank,
the main basking spot is around 105-108, the area where the poop was another basking spot she sometimes basks at and that stays around 98-100.

She had about 3 superworms, about 5 mealworms, and I'm not entirely sure how many mealworm beetles. The beetles were an accident as she ate them when I was getting the mealworms out for her.
She had about 3-5 turkish roaches. The BSFL she had a lot of, probably about 20-40 of them, the majority of the worms were fairly small so I figured I could give her a bit more than usual.

So in total she probably had about 35 or 55 bugs. Somewhere around there.
It was pretty late at night when I fed her but I left the lights on for about 3 extra hours to make sure she digested them, or at least tried to make sure.
I believe I fed her at about 8 or 9 PM and left her lights on until about 12 or 1 AM.
She basked for most of the time, occasionally going to her hammock so she can get to higher levels of UVB and cool down.

I probably fed her too much.

Also some of the BSFL are alive and wiggling around in her tank. She also just ate one, so thats a bit disturbing and worrying.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It might have just a bit much at once and gave her an upset stomach. That happens some times. I'd go easy on the bugs for a little while and see if it starts to go back to normal soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom