Status
Not open for further replies.
Basic Info:
Around 9 months old
55 Gallon Tank
Repti-Sun 10.0 UVB
Temperatures stay around 80-100 right now
Uses Repti-carpet
Diet is roaches (5/8" in size) and collard greens daily (other treats include berries and squash)
Roaches get dusted in calcium (no D3) for 5 days and vitamins 2 days
Last vet visit was a month or two ago, clear of parasites
Poops are solid

So my beardie just has not been wanting to eat as much as he usually does lately. He acted like this for awhile maybe a month ago and got over it but he's doing it again. He just will not eat as much as he used to, so much that he will sometimes go an entire day without eating. He still poops normally, like once every one or two days, and the poops are solid and normal in color. I always leave him fresh greens in his tank but lately he hasn't been touching them or if I try and feed it to him he'll only have a few (fairly big) pieces then stop. He used to go crazy for roaches but lately he's only been eating less than 10 and stopping and running off. Like today, he's only have maybe 6-7 roaches and maybe a piece of greens.

What on earth is going on with him?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They go through phases when their appetite declines (and increases) rather than it being a standard thing. If he is active and running around that's a good sign that he's OK and just not hungry. As long as he stays active and isn't losing much weight I'd just keep offering his meals as you normally do (maybe offering some new stuff just to try and catch his attention) and let him take what he wants for now.

crunchsmommie

Original Poster
Alright yeah he's still very hyper during the day and loves running around and climbing. Thank you for calming my nerves lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom