Baby bearded color is intense & he's lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concerned because he's usually darker in the mornings and he'll lighten up, but he's been dark almost all day and he hasn't eaten today. This isn't his normal behavior before a shed. He has plenty of heat and a cool place to go if needed. He's also lethargic, which is unlike him as well. He's usually trying to take the glass out with his little claws. Do I need to be concerned?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lethargic and dark doesn't sound good. Can you post some photos of him? That will give me a better idea of his condition. Keep a look out for jet black beard and lightened body color which would indicate extreme stress.

Catzo

OscarLezard18":1vvw8bee said:
I moved his enclosure to a different area of the room yesterday. Could that be what's causing the stress?
If he was in the enclosure when it moved possibly

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing today?
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB, the temperatures,
supplementation & foods given to him.

Tracie

OscarLezard18

Original Poster
Tracie, Oscar is much better now, thank goodness. I had moved him from a 10 gallon tank to a 40 breeder, because he was constantly beating the glass and u thought he needed room to run. After I put him in the big tank, he wasn't close enough to the light, so I moved him back to the small tank. I'm fairly certain he was stressed. He's been eating very well. I feed him crickets,squash and turnip greens. He also receives calcium on his salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom