10 year old beardy update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That is quite a twitch, how long do you say it's been going on ? If it is related to hypocalcemia the the liquid calcium and good uvb should help. So that's a start in trying to determine what it might be. She's a big girl, lots of meat on her bones.

BaruBD

Original Poster
Yeah I have never seen it before in any videos or anything.
It’s been happening a while... 4-5 months.
I’ve tried a few things in those months to help her, including: changing vitamin supplements (zoo-med to repcal reptivite), and moving the UVB closer to her (is now ~6 inches away at basking area).

She is a big girl, huh? At the vet she weighed 511 grams IIRC.

BaruBD

Original Poster
Update:

The calcium came today, and I've already given her the first dose.
I bought the banana flavored calcium and I have to say... it smells really good!
Must have tasted pretty good too, considering I didn't even have to pry her mouth open at all, she just licked it up like she does when drinking water.

I'm glad of that cause I didn't want to hurt her jaw or anything.

Will let you all know how she does in a couple weeks, hoping for the best.

Thanks!

BaruBD

Original Poster
So, here's an update.

Been giving her the calcium daily (missed 1 or 2 days) nothing seems to be changing, however.
As a matter of fact, the tremors/muscle spasms in her back/stomach seem to be getting worse, with them now occasionally going to her limbs as well.

There have been a few nice days where I could take her out, and it seems the tremors don't happen as much out there.

So, therefore, I'm going to be buying this: http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/34-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/ soon.

She still isn't eating vegetables much at all, but she will still eat Dubias just fine.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom