Orange lump in poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*warning, poop pics*

Hi, so I was checking my beardies poop when I saw this orange-thing in his poop? I haven’t feed him anything like carrots or squash that would give an orange pigment. Should I be really worried about this?

97423-4222465945.jpg

97423-2545888620.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is really pretty normal. They do tend to get an orangish type of discoloration sometimes,
to the urate portion. How much supplementation do you give to him & what types are they?
A lot of times, too much calcium or vitamin supplementation may change the color & or the
consistency of the urates in particular. Were the urates hard, or soft or grainy?

Tracie

BeardedBeings

Original Poster
i use Fluker’s calcium with d3 and a multivitamin (i think it’s reptivitamin). I like to lightly dust his food 5x a week, the multivitamin 1x a time week, and a day off. His urate seemed pretty normal, like a delicate-slightly moist-chalk. I was talking to some other people online about this as well, and it came to mind that I had just given the crickets a new diet (flukers hi-cal cricket feed) along with some extra carrots than normal. Could that also affect this?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the diet of the bugs will often be relayed to your dragon, especially if they have eaten recently (gutloading). This is usually a good thing so you can pass on hydration to your dragon. Try offering the bugs a variety of veges to munch on and it shouldn't be a problem. I don't bother with the commercial feeds though unless I already have some on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom