New to Beardies..New Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! My daughter has wanted a reptile since she was 2. I'm recently divorced her father and now she was able to get one 17yrs later. We have had Barbosa about a week. He has been fine. He is fed crickets twice a day and always has fresh fruit and veges that are listed as acceptable. We did a lot of research. Thermometers at both ends of tank.and temps.have been good. We have had to remove his water dish several times because the humidity got to high. This concerns us for summer because Michigan has very high humidity. He has been shedding some. We hold him every day. We gave him a bath, which he didn't seem to like but hoping that's just due to it being his 1st. The thing that has us worried is that today he kept running around his 40 gallon tank and was running into the glass and trying to climb it. Oh and he is only about 1-2months old. Nothing has changed in his home. Hoping he is just getting comfortable with his new home because he hasn't been this active before. The head butting the glass is disconcerting thou.
Thank you,
Dawn

yoopermom01

Original Poster
Thanks. I did more reading of posts and thought that might be it. We were handling him every day but were afraid it was too much. Now we are handling him several times a day and it has helped. He also is shedding a lot so may be a tad cranky.
I'm learning a ton from your boards. Thank you all!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sheds can definitely get them a bit cranky sometimes. I'm glad he is settling in now though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom