Bath was too hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsalabes

I gave Tarey a bath tonight and I think it was a little too hot. She is black bearding and her head turned yellow. She was spitting a few times afterwards. And during the bath she was coughing or something. How long will it take before she is ok? She is 3 1/2.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible the bath was too hot. I would avoid baths if they are stressful to her. The water temp should feel just slightly warm on the inside of your wrist. If she is coughing I'd keep the temps a little warmer than usual at night (up as far as 80 perhaps) and keep her sleeping with her head slightly downward to help any water drain from her lungs. How is she doing now?

nsalabes

Original Poster
Thanks for the response. She spit up a bunch and had yellow runny poop the next day. She seems lethargic but that could be due to the lighting issue I have been having. That has been corrected. I am hoping she got it all out of her system now. Cross fingers.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
It sounds like she actually may have aspirated some water into her lungs, which can ultimately cause an upper respiratory infections and/or pneumonia, so you need to keep a close eye on her. If the black beard continues, or if she starts or continues to cough, wheeze, make clicking noises when she breaths, or gets a bunch of excess mucous around her mouth, in strings that you can see when she opens her mouth, then she may need to see a Reptile Vet for a culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom