Look at this new Beardie Babe + [misc questions]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacie

v8q69l.jpg

Due to help complication I had recently lost my bearded dragon. Not wanting to go through to tiny baby stage again I started on the hunt for older beardies. I came In luck when I found someone locally wanting to downsize the number of pets they had and was looking to rehome this lovely babe.

His name was originally Peatri.
I got him home and found out he’s actually a lady.
And she’s about 9 months old.
Not sure about weight but I can assure you she is super chunk.

My previous beardie was pretty sickly so it’s actually odd to see such a chubby baby.

She’s adjusting slowly but she is eating really well. She is very eager to eat any vegetables I set out for her and she will eat discord roaches and super worms out of my hand.

Still a bit too skittish for holding time. Which I expected and I’m not forcing on her I figured I’d just keep up with the hand feeding and wait to see how she feels after a few days or a week.

My question is that she has yet to dedicate.
I’m not quite sure if she is picky and prefers pooing in water. Her decor that she came with suggests that’s not the case though as I had to clean a few spots.

She does have a vet visit coming up In two weeks for a mandatory check up.

But I’m just curious if I should bathe her to encourage a good poo? Or would hat just risk her getting super upset and am I thinking too much on my new dragons bathroom regime lol?

I got her Friday and she has eaten quite a bit sense then but it hasn’t been like a week of no potty time or the like. I just want to make sure I make her transition as calming as possible while also keeping her healthy.

***update**
She did a big ‘pee’ and a little bit of poo. So that’s good. Still worried about it for the future though so any advice would be welcomed.

kbb1x5.jpg

Look at that chub

2zqv6mt.jpg

Also zoom in on her eye because dang this girl has some striking eyes.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Peatri is very beautiful. :D I am sorry you lost your other dragon, it is never easy to lose one. :cry:
If she is eating really well, I am quite sure, eventually she will go to the bathroom! Do you have
any reason to believe she could be impacted or not? You could always add in some canned unspiced
pumpkin & sugar free applesauce mixed with a drop or two of olive or coconut oil to help out in
case she might be impacted some. Did they have her on a loose substrate?
If she's eating out of your hand I would say she is definitely adjusting to her new home very well.
At least she eats her greens/veggies!
Have you double checked her temperatures to be sure they are optimal? Which UVB are you using
for her?
I am sure she will do great for you!
Let us know how the vet visit goes & how she is doing also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom