Bearded dragons toes help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuicocku

My bearded dragon went to the vet for a check up and the doctor fouund two (one on each back foot) wounds? Places without scales not bleeding or infected or anything just missing scales he essentially picked all the skin off and said she was good to go explaining that if he didnt her toes coukd losebloodflow and fall off.. ive noticed the two back wounds showed up again and im scared about her toes falling off ( they seem ridged and stiff ) i would take her to the vet again but all he really seemed to do was pick at her scab and that kinda gets expensive, wondering if there are anyhome remedies to this? I can post pics if anyone needs them

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Photos would be helpful. It's possibly caused by an incomplete shed or shed skin that got caught on something and pulled off too early before the underlying skin was ready to go. It could be a wound from an impact or abrasion of some kind too. Best to keep it as clean as possible and if the wound is open you could put some plain neosporin over it to help prevent it from becoming infected.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The second photo looks like maybe the shed is cutting off the circulation to the finger a little. As long as the wound isn't open try putting some plain aloe over it and help loosen that skin up and see if it will come free rather than drying and tightening around the finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom