Calcium with D3 or without?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorne96

Hello! Need some advice on supplements. Had my beardie for almost a month now, he is roughly 3-4 months old. Just wondering how everyone dusts their insects? He has locusts for his staple and I dust them once a day, he has between 2-3 feedings depending on how hungry he is (had some issues with his appetite the last month but the past week he has been eating like a champion!) I don't dust his salad. I am currently using rep cal calcium with D3 but have read some information on here and other places that some people use calcium without d3? I have ordered calcium without d3 too just waiting on it being delivered. I dust with calcium and D3 5x a week and use rep cal herpivite 2x a week (so Monday to Friday calcium d3 and weekends multivitamin). Any advice on this would be much appreciated thanks!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I usually dust without D3, only dusting calcium with calcium D3 usually on accident as i have a small bit in separate containers ready for when I need it. They don't really benefit from oral D3 and from what I've heard if given too much D3 given orally can cause an overdose of sorts.

Lorne96

Original Poster
Thanks for replying, right okay hopefully my calcium without d3 will come soon then. Thanks very much!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Using a higher powered UVB light such as a T5 should help them synthesize D3 on their own. It's still a bit controversial though and I don't think enough is known about it yet to know for sure. I use Calcium without D3 and haven't seen any problems but if you go with a D3 supplement I'd use one that is low D (Repashy makes a low D option I believe).

Lorne96

Original Poster
I use an arcadia t8 d3+ 12% 26w tube, okay well i am still waiting on the calcium without d3 so as soon as it comes I'll switch to that completely. Thank you for your replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom