Max Ernest never moves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxthelizard

My baby Max is about 6 years old right now. He can be a grump but, he's my grump. Though recently he seems to be stuck in a rut. I personally wanna call it depression. He never moves. Eats a bit. Sleeps alot. Minnesota is a cold place so I keep his home at the perfect temp. I'm not sure what's wrong with him or if this is normal. Help?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of Max & his tank setup we could see?
Has he ever brumated during the wintertime before?
Please review your tank setup with us, to be sure you have everything correct. How old is
the UVB light & what type/brand of UVB is it?
Is his beard normal color or has it been black or darker than usual?

Tracie

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Welcome to the forum! If you can post some photos of both him and his complete set-up with the lights, we can maybe spot any husbandry issues that might be causing his lethargy and lack of appetite.

A lot of times these symptoms are due to them not getting adequate UVB/UVA light, or being in temperature zones that are not correct, so if you could let us know what his temperature zones are reading at currently, and then exactly what UVB light (Brand, wattage, strength, and what type, meaning Compact, Coil/Spiral, or long tube), we can at least check to make sure that all of that is okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom