Digging ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone i have a question my lexi is about 8 months old but i noticed lately she been digging umder her cave i have for her i never seen her do this before i read that even without a mate she can lay eggs i currently use reptile carpet i dont use sand because im scared of impaction which she had before i recused her i was told. Will she still lay her eggs on the reptile carpet . im worried because i read she will only lay in sand
Thank you

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Most beardies tend to dig in their hides. My male will do so, along with my adult female. Even when they weren't adults they would do this. I have yet to see my juvenile even go in a hide, shes pretty unsure about them.

Try adding fleece inside the hides or lots of paper towels all shredded up. My beardies seem to really like paper towels in their hides, though if I gave them fleece Im sure they'd love it even more as it is softer.

If you are worried that she has eggs you could take her to a vet and get an x-ray of sorts most likely to see if she has any. Though I doubt she does because of her age.

If she does then you'll want to get a decent sized tub, and get washed play sand. Moisten it so it holds burrows fairly well and she'll most likely dig in there when she needs to. Of course you'll have to put her in there as I doubt such a large tub would fit in her viv.
I'd also cut the top somewhat and put screen over it so you can put her heat lamp and UVB bulb over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom