my dog grabbed my beardie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
I had my 4 month old dragon old on her leash, my dog walk into my room and has always been interested in my dragon. I put my dragon down And was practically hovering over my dragon. Well my dragon bolt and my dog grabbed her with her paws and it flipped my dragon over a bit before my dog let go like 0.5 seconds later. I got mad at my dog and put her In the living room. My bearded dragon seems fine. Uses all her limbs, nothing seems broken, honestly she looks normal, I offered her food and she took it, she’s still really alert and active. Never letting my dog out when she’s out again. (Also the “grab” with my dogs paws when she grabbed my lizard wasn’t more than just me quickly picking her up in her cage) should I be worried? Or should I just keep an eye on my dragon?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It sounds like she's fine. You can look her over closely for any scratches and just observe that her walking + breathing are normal. Other than that she should be O.K. :)

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":geo2mc7h said:
It sounds like she's fine. You can look her over closely for any scratches and just observe that her walking + breathing are normal. Other than that she should be O.K. :)
Thanks AHBD no scratches thankfully, gave a little exam. I hope to become a exotic/reptile vet when I’m older. I got her a new cave because she survived the “terrible” vet (he was really nice but I don’t think arrow was pleased). And now she won’t stop sitting in and on it xD silly dragon

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3hktv4y1 said:
Very lucky .... could easily have ended in tears .... but at least you can train a dog to leave the dragon alone.
Yeah, I screamed when it happened, you never know what could happen.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sure you've figured this out by now, but just in case;

Never, never allow the dog to be in the same room as your beardie when it is out. You got extremely lucky, this easily could of been a death sentence for your dragon.

talktothetail

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JessPets":2235ti5l said:
I'm sure you've figured this out by now, but just in case;

Never, never allow the dog to be in the same room as your beardie when it is out. You got extremely lucky, this easily could of been a death sentence for your dragon.
Yep, my mom let my dog in as my door was open but I’ll be more careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom