Found a cricket in baby's cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I just got my baby beardie on Sunday night, and had been taking any uneaten crickets out of her enclosure before bedtime, but today I found one wandering around from yesterday's dinner! I got it out, but what are the odds that Fluffy was bitten by it? I gave her a bath, but I'm so nervous! Is there anything else I should do to be on the safe side?

I'm officially preferring the dubias at this point. Crickets are WAY too stressful.

Thanks in advance!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nothing to worry about at all. The cricket biting the beardie is blown out of proportion a bit, so although you don't want to purposely leave crickets in the tank they are not going to come out + chew on every beardie. I raised 20 years worth of beardies, at times crix would get left in the tank but I can't remember any of my dragons from baby to adult ever getting bitten, It can happen on rare ocassions but is not that common.

emily17319

Original Poster
AHBD":3vy10iyc said:
Nothing to worry about at all. The cricket biting the beardie is blown out of proportion a bit, so although you don't want to purposely leave crickets in the tank they are not going to come out + chew on every beardie. I raised 20 years worth of beardies, at times crix would get left in the tank but I can't remember any of my dragons from baby to adult ever getting bitten, It can happen on rare ocassions but is not that common.

Ah!! Thank you so much, I’m feeling so much better. This site is amazing!

It’s so stressful starting out! I’m always worried about temps and how she’s feeling and the reptile shop just keeps telling me to calm down - that they’re pretty hearty and she’s doing okay. I just love her!!

emily17319

Original Poster
AHBD":1xos9wwm said:
You're welcome. :) And yes, you'll get lots of good info + help when you need it here any time.

Do you have pics of your new baby + your set up ? Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Ooh cool! I don’t have any of her set up right now, and it’s lights out at the moment, but I put some of the pics of her in there!

I do want to upgrade the thermometer situation.. they recommended a dial thermometer when I took her home, but I feel like one of the gun ones might give me more peace of mind. Do you have a preference? I know it’s not related.. just figured I’d ask.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, ditch the dial thing, they can be off by as much as 20 degrees. Probe thermometers or IR guns are best, you can find one for less than $20 on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom