Very small amount of blood in poop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have had this beardie for about 3 years (she is older, though, but not sure how old), and she’s simply unique. She hates being in a tank, so I let her sleep with me all the time. Where I live gets very hot during the day, so I prefer to put my beardie in the window so she can get sunlight, however, she seems to hate it when she is there for long—will start running around everywhere and whatnot. She’s very active herself.

Here’s where the problem comes. It’s been very cold here lately at night and sometimes during the day, which (I guess) has caused my dragon into sleeping more often than usual, but she won’t sleep for more than 2 days in a row. I normally give her 3 baths a week with warm water and where she will normally poop. However, there’s been a very small amount of blood at the end of her poop. She does seem to have a little trouble pooping, though. I’m not sure if it’s parasites (as I’ve been reading a lot about lately), or she’s simply straining a little due to this weather.

Her poop is normal, though. It’s always come out with a little amount of water, but always with the white thing. I’m not sure what kind of diet she had when I got her, but she just won’t accept greens at all. I’ve tried force feeding her greens and though, she has accepted a little amount here and there, she prefers bugs. I used to feed her superworms but lately I’ve been feeding her Dubia roaches, though, she’s only eating 1-3 a day for the past 2-3 months (isn’t it brumation time?). I also coat them in Calcium D3, but not every day. She drinks water at least 4 times a week when she’s not sleeping. And everything has been normal (I hope) except for the small amount of blood that I’ve noticed.

I’ll be taking her to the vet, hopefully tomorrow, but I was wondering if I should be worried than normal? I love her very much and I’m really scared of something worse happening to her.

Any help would be great.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Quick question right off the bat, as it's very important and may have to do with the lethargy/sleeping all the time...Do you have her under a proper UVB light every day? She cannot get any UVB light at all by sitting in the window, as no UVB light can penetrate any kind of glass of clear plastic at all. So you cannot let her free-roam and bask in the window without at least having a UVB light set-up somewhere, either in her tank, or by putting a Mercury Vapor Bulb in a clamp-lamp somewhere that she can get to within the house. Just my first concern when I read that she doesn't spend any time in a tank and basks in the window...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom