Very Small Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I unexpectedly took in my 3rd bearded dragon, this time a rescue. He's a year and a half old, and I'm shocked at how small he is. He's 13 inches long and 79 grams, about 40 some grams less than my 5 month old dragon. He has a great appetite so far, and isn't lethargic at all. I've no idea what his previous set up was, or his diet. This size isn't normal for his age, right? I'm open to any tips or advice for this little guy.
94856-6118247858.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, do you think the person actually knew his age ? BTW, what's his name ? Just feed him a decent amount twice a day, not too many bugs at first, about 10-12 per feeding twice a day since he's not used to a lot of food evidently. Half inch crickets , dubias and large Phoenix worms would all be good choices. Since you already own dragons you probably know what lights to use but ask any questions if you're unsure.

Try oral hydration too, drip water slowly on his snout for a drink in case he's dehydrated.

KaiKitRioKat

Original Poster
AHBD":y71jo693 said:
Hi there, do you think the person actually knew his age ? BTW, what's his name ? Just feed him a decent amount twice a day, not too many bugs at first, about 10-12 per feeding twice a day since he's not used to a lot of food evidently. Half inch crickets , dubias and large Phoenix worms would all be good choices. Since you already own dragons you probably know what lights to use but ask any questions if you're unsure.

Try oral hydration too, drip water slowly on his snout for a drink in case he's dehydrated.

Thank you so much for the swift reply, I've been worried about him! I seriously doubted his age but they said they have had him for over a year, so I assume their guess of 1 1/2 is accurate. He's just SO small. Hopefully I can get him nice and healthy soon.

I already have a Rio and Ren, I'm thinking of naming him Rex, keeping with the theme. I already love the little guy!

KaiKitRioKat

Original Poster
94856-2874982669.jpg
Jan. 25th on the left - Feb. 12th on the right

Just a quick update! Tiny Rex is doing so much better! He's up from 79 grams to 121 grams in a little less than 4 weeks. He has a wonderful appetite, and such a sweet, calm personality. I'm so relieved that he's growing!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great ! You've done a really good job with little Rex. He's fortunate that he landed in your hands, keep up the good work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom