Baby not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtay1511

My mom and I recently got 2 baby bearded dragons. Mine (Bob) seems to be thriving while hers (Larry) seems to be struggling. I had them to the vet last week and she didn't seem to think Larry was overly skinny but next to Bob he seems very tiny. He has rarely eaten since we got him, generally doesn't bask and seems to sleep a lot. He is on treatment for parasites which I know can affect his hunger but he wasn't eating before he started the medication. He also has a very mild case of mbd. They aren't housed together, have reptisun t5 10.0 tube, and temps are proper ( tested with gun and probe). Any ideas on how to get him to eat? Also I notice his head isn't as triangular as Bob's is it possible he is a Rankins? Thanks

Larry
96685-6524147400.jpg

Bob
96685-9554065279.jpg

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Beardies differ a lot in head shapes most of the time so none of them are rankins definitely. You'd most likely see a very very large difference between the two.

Im thinking the reason may be because of the MBD and meds given which can effect them quite a lot.
Can you go over the inside portion of his setup and can he see the other beardie at all?
Also could you tell me the temps, basking temp, cool side, warm side.

Also do you know his weight in grams and how old he is?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, definitely not a Rankin's and please do post pics of the set ups. How long has he been on the meds, and what is the name of the med ? The baby is probably dehydrated so it's very important to drip water on his snout for a drink. Often, a beardie that is dehydrated won't eat, plus the parasite meds. can cause dehydration.

To get him to eat, squish an insect until the guts come out and rub it gently on his snout. Sometimes that will perk up the appetite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom