Bearded dragon not laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned my bearded dragon was gravid around 2 weeks ago. Around 1 week ago she began trying to dig but only at night, so I moved her into her digging bin. Now within the past 3 days she has been increasingly active and is scratching a ton but she still doesn't dig. What should I do?!??! :( :( :?:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just be patient. Once they start scratching a lot like that it should lead to the actual digging of the nest. Can you post pics of her, her tank and her lay box ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If that is your lay bin, here's what you can do. Stuff the majority of the coco fiber in to the half log, then dig a little bit at the opening of it. Have the other end of the log against the glass but cover the outside of the glass with a piece of cardboard or something dark. That way when she digs in there she' won't keep trying to go through the glass at the end because it looks like she can get through.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Whatever time they feel the need to unfortunately. But as AHBD already said, if you pile up the coco fiber (which I hope you dampened, not soaked or made wet, but dampened so that she can dig a tunnel/hole to bury the eggs in) and you start a little tunnel for her, that sometimes entices them to finish digging the tunnel to bury the eggs in. It does take time, sometimes they lay them right away when you put them in the lay box, other times it can take weeks.

How did you find out that she was definitely gravid? An x-ray or ultrasound?

DragoTheDragonII

Original Poster
I found out that shes gravid because I took 2 bearded dragons out thinking they were both female and they mated. And now the female has bumps on her belly and she is fasting. She is also glass surfing now and she never used to do that. She was digging before but she stopped when I put her in the digging bin.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's O.K, she'll try again. Give her a soak during the day or offer water drops on her snout to keep her hydrated.

Did you pack the coco fiber in to the log and then start a tunnel for her ? That's the thing to do, they need to feel like they're in a cave.

DragoTheDragonII

Original Poster
The eggs are fertile so when she lays them what should I do? I really really feel bad about freezing them. :( Is there any place where I can donate them? If not ill keep 2 or 3 eggs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom