Help! Bearded laying infertile eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is she is in a 40 breeder, a big girl, what kind of lay box is ideal?

Also could I just pour the coco substrate (not dampened though) throughout the entire tank as she lays them?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you can put a box like this right in with her. It's better to keep the coco fiber contained so it holds it's shape + moisture. I just cut a portion out of the top and keep a log next to it for access. The box is about 22 X 13 X 8. Filled at least 3/4 or a bit more.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, you definitely do not want to do that, and coco fiber isn't ideal either. The reason it needs to be dampened is because they need to be able to dig a tunnel/hole that will sustain it's integrity so that she can lay them in it and bury her eggs. So it needs to be in a big pile/hill that she can dig a tunnel in. Sand dampened is better, or at least mix some in with the coco fiber and then dampen it. But no, do not just put coco fiber throughout her tank, she needs a proper laybox with the substrate dampened, as AHBD is instructing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom