Beardie not growing/shedding/pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenandWen

I have a beardie named Henry, and he is less than a year old. He hasn't shed for MONTHS. He also hasn't pooped for WEEKS! It is winter, and he kind-of did a bit of brumating, but he woke up and hasn't slept during daytime since. Once he woke up, I gave him a bath and he didn't poop. I also gave him a bath before he went to sleep, and he didn't poop. I feed him a salad with romaine, carrots, fruit, and crickets dusted with calcium almost every day. He has a basking bulb above a fake branch where he likes to bask, and his substrate is excavator burrowing clay. For water he has a water fountain that he loves to lay in. his temperature for the cool side is 80-85 and his basking spot is 90-98 or so.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty good in that photo. I'm sure the new T5 UVB will help his digestion and overall health. I would offer him drips of water on his nose to lick up and maybe offer some baby food applesauce or a few drops of olive oil to help things along. Overall it might be good to ditch the romaine and carrot in favor of things like squash and collard greens. I suggest limiting fruit to an occasional treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom