Help i think my 7 months bearded dragon going in brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx87

Hello.

For 3 days now my 7 months old bearded dragon Just hiding and is on the same place all Day and night.

She have the eyes open but seems tired.
Im sure its brumation since she was Just fine right before this.

I thought they had to be one year before they did this.
She should grow a lot so i dont think this would be healthy for her?

What can i do?

Thanks for answers.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Can you go over the whole setup first?
Substrate, temperatures, uvb lighting, how old the uvb light is, what brand is it, how big is her enclosure, how long have you had her, how your feeding her, basically everything.

I wouldnt jump straight to burmation as there could be something wrong with your setup instead.
Though its not unheard of for younger beardies close to a year old to burmate.

Maxx87

Original Poster
I have tiles, it is a exo terra 90x45x45 that is too small after a few more months, so she going to get bigger terrarium soon.

I use arcadia uv bulb 100w, its Just 3 weeks old bulb.
She have the right temperatures in the sun and on the cold side.

I have only owned her for 3 weeks. She have been very unrelaxed, after i putted in a hiding box she Just went right into it and there she have stayed for 3 days.
She eat green and a lot of crickets. She havent eat on 2 days. If i put in a cricket she maby come out and take it, but i dont know what i should do.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Can you tell me the exact temperatures?

Personally i dont like having just MVB's as a single uvb source for beardies as they dont go across the whole tank, so when you upgrade you might want to go for a tube light along side a MVB so theres uvb in most of the tank rather than just the basking spot.

Maxx87

Original Poster
Yes now i just use a normal light t5 over the rest.

It is 40c under the sun spot and 22-23c on the cold side.
I had bearded dragons before back in time so im not completly new, but its long time ago, and i never had one that going into brumation. Now she already sleep.
Should i just let her do what she want or should i take her out tomorrow? Lift her up to the sun spot?
Just because she is to young for brumation?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The temperatures sound good. You could consider increasing the temps to 43 but 40 is ok.
The cooler end could be bumped to 25 to 28.
Technically a 7 month old can go into brumation, some do that early. As long as they are of
good weight & healthy then it's ok to let them slow down some for awhile.
You could try to get a fecal done on her just to be sure all is good.
You are using the Arcadia MVB 100 watt? Those are very good bulbs. For extra brightness,
you could add a daytime tube bulb 65K or a T5 high output tube UVB for an added UVB boost.
I use the Arcadia MVB 160 watt in combination with an Arcadia D3 14% T5 & a 65K daytime tube
bulb.
Do you have any pictures of your tank?

Tracie

Maxx87

Original Poster
Dont know how to post pics since my old page would not upload , any free pages that not require registrations? Today she came out into the sun spot and eat a lot of crickets :) so i guess that she is done with the brumation for now, maby she act more chill after this. She have been in the sun spot all day. Think she was in brumation for 4 days.

Maxx87

Original Poster
Everything was back to normal for around 3 days, but today she have gone into brumation again.

What should i do? Dosnt feels right since she is young.
She seems confused about it. When she is out she eat and pop Just fine. She is healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom