Glass Surfing/Nose rubbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
So lately my 20 month old female bearded dragon Venus has been rubbing her nose against the glass and clawing at it. She and my male bearded dragon used to do this regularly except they seemed to calm down for a long time until now, he's not doing it but she has began doing it once more. And its a bit worrying as i've noticed she seemed to damage her nose scales from doing it so often now.
Its not very noticeable at first until you look up close, and she doesnt seem to care or really move away if you touch it so right now i just want to know how i can stop her from doing this so she doesnt hurt herself further.

In case this helps, heres some info on her tank.
40 gallon, 36x18x18
46" reptisun T5 HO 10.0 tube light (the reason its not a 22" or 30" is because my males tank is next to her so the tube light goes over both to save money, theres cardboard in the way so they cant see each other)
Basking spot is usually around 105 on the cement hide and 88-95 on the log next to it.
Cool side is usually around 75-80.
(the temps are being monitored with a temperature gauge with a probe and temp gun)
She has tile for substrate with paper towels underneath her hide so she can dig.

Some info on her.
20 months old
17-18 inches head to tail.
She usually goes to the bathroom everyday to every other day.
Shes around 480 grams.
She eats crickets and black soldier larvae every other day, usually 15 crickets and 5 BSL's, and then occasionally she gets maybe 5 or 10 mealworms, and once a week or once every two weeks she'll get 1-2 superworms as a treat. All insects are dusted with calcium or multivitmins depending on the day of the week.
She has quite a lot of energy and currently is trying to get onto my keyboard so she can then go off my bed and over to the container of mealworms (most likely anyway), so possibly its just she has too much energy and she needs to spend it by running around a larger area?

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Sounds like she probably just has a lot of energy to burn, especially at that age. Take her out for some exercise regularly — daily, if you can.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah lately i haven't really taken her out much because ive been trying to socialize my tegu, but i'll definitely try a lot more to get her out so she can run around and spend her energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom