He’s going to be the death of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never seen Rango bob his head until tonight...and he’s going to freaking town with it! I put some wrapping paper up in his viv as a temporary wallpaper because I keep hearing they don’t need to be able to see their reflection. I did that about 2 days ago so idk if he’s slow or what, but he seems to be doing the brunt of his bobbing AT the wrapping paper! He’s not eaten much today at all, and I keep offering him a little bit of everything! Dubias, supers, Phoenix, mustard greens, and wax worms (he recently gave up crickets) but he’s not having it. ANY of it! His temps are good, his fat pads seem plenty puffed up, he’s done real good about drinking water last couple of days.... Again, unless it’s a delayed reaction to the wallpaper, I’m clueless:( I did take the paper out a few minutes ago, btw... Hoping that helps.
91661-5057644723.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite the black beard he is sporting! LOL :D
They LOVE to black beard & bob at everything in site, don't they? It can be stressful, always
worrying about them. I think he will be alright though.

Tracie

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
LOL, my year and 4 month old rescue boy, who has severe MBD and can't even walk on flat ground without falling over (no joke) started bobbing his head at everything the other day! Black beard, climbs up onto his basking log (which is a task for him), and went to town. Scared the hell out of me because I thought something was wrong with him, I've had him since he was between 7-8 months old and he's never done this before. Now he's doing it constantly, I'm assuming it's a hormonal thing, he's eating fine and everything else is good, he's just a head-bobbing, black bearding fool now!

He's probably going through a "puberty" or "hormonal" period, and apparently you can't do much to stop them until they're ready to stop...alas, they will be the death of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom