Is there something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got Remy from a pet store in late September they told me he was probably 4-6 months old. Now that I've had him a littler over 2 months he is about 12.5 in long, idk about the weight and will have to call the vet to get his original weight and length, but isn't that super small? He appears to be most likely male, and I use reptisun 5.0 and feed crickets and kale daily. Is he unhealthy? How can I get him to grow?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Can you post a picture of him and the set up? Is the uvb a coil/compact or tube? What are the temps and how do you take them? Also he should be getting more variety in her diet. Kale is not good as a staple. Collard greens, mustard, turnip greens. Good feeders crickets, Phoenix worms, silk worms and dubia.

Remysbiggestfan

Original Poster
destiny1998":r5u3z1pq said:
Hi. Can you post a picture of him and the set up? Is the uvb a coil/compact or tube? What are the temps and how do you take them? Also he should be getting more variety in her diet. Kale is not good as a staple. Collard greens, mustard, turnip greens. Good feeders crickets, Phoenix worms, silk worms and dubia.

It's a tube and is unobstructed and his basking is about 6 in away from it, the temps are about 105 in basking and high 80s at the coolest side, I use a thermometer with a digital probe, he gets other veggies too (carrot, celery, basil, cilantro) just have been giving him lots of kale lately. I'll get some of those greens and maybe try some different feeders. He eats quite a bit of crickets, sometimes like 50 a day and I dust them in calcium and about once a week in multi vit

Remysbiggestfan

Original Poster
For the first month I had him though I had a bad UVB coil one, could that be why his growth is stunted? He also only has a 30 gal tank which I feel could be why. I have a 50 gal also just haven't set it up for him yet

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he's going after that many crickets he's probably fine. They just grow at different rates and he may have some later growth spurts. Keep offering the bugs and let him take what he wants a couple of times per day. I'd offer other bugs like black soldier fly larvae and silk worms as alternates when you can get them. It's good to provide variety. I'd also vary the greens you're offering as much as possible. I like to reference this list for ideas about what to put in salad. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html I usually offer 2-3 of these items and rotate based on what looks fresh at the store.

Remysbiggestfan

Original Poster
Yeah, he literally eats a TON. If I let him eat for 15 mins he will keep going and going. Hoping this is a sign he's gonna be a big boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom