not pooing. not sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
my baby beardie has been not pooing unless he is in his bath, which he never does on his normal schedule. Today I tried to give him a bath as usual to make him poo, and he did nothing. this is really unusual, and he is a regular pooer, with a poo every day in his viv. I'm worried that it's impaction, and I need some help. I'm planning to take him to the vet, but what can i do? thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's O.K if a baby skips a " regular " poo once in a while. Is he acting sick ? What's he been eating and do you have him on sand or wood or walnut bedding ? Are the insects not too large ? Please post pics of the baby as well as his tank set up,, including lights and pics of the size of insects he eats.

If he ever does end up impacted just offer natural laxatives like applesauce, baby food prunes, squash or sweet potato, canned pumpkin [ with no spices ] Any or all of those along with a few drops of honey or olive oil usually gets them to poo.

wolffriend

Original Poster
He's acting like his normal self other than not pooping and he hasn't pooped in 4 or 5 days. I'm taking pictures of him now

wolffriend

Original Poster
95322-6577474261.jpg
his temps are 105 on the basking spot,and 76 on the cool side.currently,Jean-luc is trying to brumate, but he is to young, so I have to keep him awake.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Everything looks good, what exact brand of uvb do you have and how are you taking his temps ? Babies never brumate but they do hide if something's bothering them or if the temps. are off.

Once in a while someone will post that a dragon has eaten a foreign object, even a leaf from a fake plant and that can cause impaction as well. Is he still eating up to this point ?

wolffriend

Original Poster
he is still eating, and now back on his normal pooping schedule! his uvb is a reptisun 10.0 and is fairly new.I use a temp gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom