Poop question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnCh

My bearded dragon is a female. She is about five months old and I got her when she was two months old. She is on reptile carpet and her basking spot is a big piece of driftwood about 10 inches from the light. She seems very happy and healthy but she didn’t poop yesterday and she was acting very tired yesterday. She poops EVERY morning after she has her breakfast. She eats her first meal around 11am. She is too grumpy to eat before that. She is NOT a happy morning lizard...lol!

Anyway, should I worry about her missing one day of pooping and being so tired? I tend to worry too much but I just love her so much so I wanted to know if this is normal.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
I think that's normal, my beardie's poop pattern's change too. She will poop every day, then could be every other day or even couple days in between. Some beardies have their tired/lazy days too. How are your temps in the terrarium? Cool side? Hot side? Basking? Is she showing any black bearding at all?

DawnCh

Original Poster
What is the best way to test the temps? All I have is the little thermometer that came with the tank. It is registering 95. It is stuck about half way in the tank....but it is closer to the basking side. She shows a little bit of black beard but she finally did poop a huge poop and it was normal. But she still seems so tired.

Mine has only pooped once a month for past year.
I think he was terribly impacted when I first got him but still alive and kicking and getting better by the month.
Glad I'm not cleaning up after him daily though

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
DawnCh":3ipgdq2k said:
What is the best way to test the temps? All I have is the little thermometer that came with the tank. It is registering 95. It is stuck about half way in the tank....but it is closer to the basking side. She shows a little bit of black beard but she finally did poop a huge poop and it was normal. But she still seems so tired.

I'm glad she went and it was normal.
The best way to test the temps is with a digital probe like this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017N8W90/
or you can use a temp gun:
https://www.amazon.com/Nubee-Temperature-Non-contact-Infrared-Thermometer/dp/B00CVHIJDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom