Good Calcium/Multivitamin Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kryptozic

Hi. So, I've been doing my research,and I want to know what's a good dusting schedule for my beardie. He's 6 months old and 10". I use Fluker's Calcium with D3 and Herptitive. I'm confused because some websites say not to dust beardie's insects everyday while some say to do it everyday. Any advice/good schedules? :?:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, while they're young it's good to use more, so calcium can be used every day on one insect feeding but very lightly. Vitamin just twice a week, also very lightly, even less than the calcium. You might also want to but both calcium with and without D3 and alternate so he doesn't get too much D3, esp. if you have a strong uv bulb. What exact type + brand of ights are you using ? Your dragon is pretty small for 6 months, you might need to feed him more, too.

Can you post pics of him, his set up [ including lights ] and what you are feeding him + how much ? Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them to your thread.

kryptozic

Original Poster
So, when you mean alternate, you mean one week D3 and one week without D3, or One day D3 and the other without D3?
Also, I use Zoo-Med's 150 Watt Repti-Basking Spot Lamp as as UVA, and Zoo-Med's T5 H0 10.0 UVB Flourescent Tube. He usually gets 10 dubia roaches a day. But I read that I must feed him more, so I ordered 300 nymph roaches and making sure he eats how ever many he wants in a 10-15 minute radius. I'm also buying him Dandelion Greens or Collard Greens (organic) with Acorn Squash, and possibly bell peppers. I'm also going to get him Phoenix Worms, to increase his food variety. I've tried superworms with him, he hates them, he won't go near them. Also about his size and age, the pace I got him from told me he was 5 months old when I got him on Oct. 13th. I was suspicious too because to me, he looked way too small for 5 months.
95328-805147873.jpg
That's his setup. It will be changed over time. Also, would this be a good source of calcium without D3? https://www.amazon.com/Rep-Cal-SRP00220-Phosphorous-Free-Amphibian-Supplement/dp/B00BS96GLE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511022843&sr=8-3&keywords=reptile+calcium+without+d3&dpID=51vCIEsVPRL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
His set up looks great. :) Make sure that the uvb bulb at some point is right next to the basking bulb.

The calcium would be fine....alternate it every other day, not every other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom