HELP! weird thing sticking out of bearded dragon's BUTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiemom1023

Hi so my bearded dragon, Rumple, is about a little over a year old and we noticed this thing sticking out of his butt after his bath earlier in the evening;;

fCx4z.jpg

I believe it to be his sperm plug, but I'm not too sure and I'm worried that something might be wrong with him that is life threatening and such. I just want to make sure my baby is okay and what I should do next.

He is a very very healthy boy who eats almost every single day, a healthy mix of crickets and meal worms, and eats his veggies every single day with calcium when needed and proper bulbs and such and is often cared for and handled as he should be. I just want to make sure and certain that he is okay and what not.

Thank you!

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, they are sperm plugs, 2 of them. You can try to put him in a warm bath and while he's in the water try wiping them away with a washcloth, and if that doesn't do it you can actually try pulling them out while in the water, it won't hurt him, but sometimes they are stuck fairly well and it takes a while to get them out. I usually just put my guy in a warm bath and pull them out, he doesn't even know I'm doing anything back there when I do it, lol. Completely normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom