Is my beardie small for his age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
My beardie, Harry, is almost 10 months old. I consider him a rescue because the place I got him from was not taking very well care of him. He has MBD, it's not terrible but he has some obvious deformities in his ankles, he sometimes walks on the back of them. The store had the audacity to try and say his MBD was a "neurological disorder" and that he was born with it.
He is doing much better with a healthy diet and the correct lighting. However, I am a bit curious about his size. I know beardies size can be all over the place. Harry is between 14.5 to 15 inches long. I believe he weighs around 240g. Is he small for his age? Should I be concerned?
Thank you!

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
That doesnt seem too small, my 19 month female beardie is 16-17 inches, with my juvenile being 17-18 inches and my adult male of the same age, 19 months, being around 21-22 inches. As for the weight i'd try to get that up.... but it could be that all my beardies are just pigs. Around 10 months my two adults were in the 400-500 gram range, but it probably differs from individual to individual

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, that's well within the average size. Some will be larger at that age but fast growth doesn't mean a dragon is healthier or will live longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom