Baby hasn't pooped for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targ

Hey everyone! I have a lil baby leatherback who is about 3 months old, only about 8 inches long. She's a skittish little thing! A week or so ago, we ran into some appetite issues. Turns out I have the 5 watt bulb instead of the 10. Since the fix, her appetite has picked right back up. I was really scared there for a while! These forums have helped tremendously, so thanks to everyone who helps us noobs!

I am concerned because it has been about 4 days since her last poop. When I first got her, she was taking healthy dumps just about every day, every morning. I haven't seen a turd though, since she regained her appetite earlier this week. I have been giving her collard greens and veggies, and a few super worms -- I used supers because I was so desperate to tempt her to eat.

How can I help my baby poop? We tried a warm bath earlier, she hates it - lol. I tried to rub her belly a bit while in the water, but it's hard to massage her tummy because she is so small. I tried to drop some butternut squash baby food onto her nose, but she also hated that and ran away.

I read somewhere about feeding a bit of olive oil via syringe, but not sure if that's the best route.

Thanks everyone!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. I'd stop superworms ASAP. Until she's 16 inches or so. Those are more than likely causing the poop problem. Plain canned pumpkin works.

Targ

Original Poster
I definitely will. I have an order of dubias and hornworms coming in this weekend.

What else can I do for her? What if she won't eat the pumpkin? Water it down a bit & syringe? Should I try a bit of olive or mineral oil? Im also going to let her run around a bunch today.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, no mineral oil.....it's a by product of the distillation of gasoline. Use raw honey mixed with almost anything. Most beardies like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom