WILD Cleaner crew into bio viv? safe or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Going bioactive, can't buy them online in Australia (if you know where to buy them please tell me cause I can't find the website) They're all in my backyard everywhere, would it be safe to culture wild ones? (Springtails, and Isopods)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I've read you can collect some and set them up in their own container to feed them for a couple of weeks, [ that's what I've done ] then put them in your beardie's tank. I've read that this gives them a chance to expel any type of chemical that may be in their system if they were living near or eating on any type of wood near any man made structure that has paint or chemicals in it or any other potentially harmful toxins.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
JessPets":1hzrqu3i said:
Yeah as long as you give them a little time before putting them in the tank I'd say it's fine.

Okay thank you very much, that is exactly what I was gonna do, keep them in a container for a few weeks give them a chance to breed and get healthy!

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":34s1q16a said:
Hi there, I've read you can collect some and set them up in their own container to feed them for a couple of weeks, [ that's what I've done ] then put them in your beardie's tank. I've read that this gives them a chance to expel any type of chemical that may be in their system if they were living near or eating on any type of wood near any man made structure that has paint or chemicals in it or any other potentially harmful toxins.

Okay thank you very much, that is exactly what I was gonna do, keep them in a container for a few weeks give them a chance to breed and get healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom