One bearded not growing

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyhammastyx

I have 2 bearded dragons both were the same size when I got them I want to say 7-8 inches it had been about 2 months and one of them Is growing pretty fast but the other hasn't grown at all my temp is 105 in basking spot 90 on hot side 80 cold side I feed them crickets and meal worms and dandelion greens I bathe them mon wed fri and they eat regularly I haven't seen them yet but I wasn't sure if that would affect it I'm just wondering if there might be something wrong with one of them and also wondering how often they should be shedding

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
If you're keeping them both in the same enclosure, you should separate them. What often happens when they're housed together is that one will become dominant and the other will fail to thrive. They could also eventually get into fights and injure each other. Each one needs his/her own living space.

If they're already separated and if their living conditions are identical, then it probably wouldn't hurt to have them checked out by an experienced reptile vet, just to make sure that there isn't some other reason that one of them isn't growing as well as the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom