To poo or not to poo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calsmom

About two weeks ago I moved into a new home. My little guy, Calcifer, moved in a few days ahead of me and before the heat was turned on. He had his regular lights (his heat bulb and uvb bulb) on during the day. Unfortunately, my boyfriend failed to plug in his CHE for the evening. So for about 4 days my poor little man was probably pretty chilly in the evening (not dropping below 55 though).

Once moved in with him I plugged in his CHE at night for the next week until we had the heat in the house turned on. He is now back to normal with just his lamp and uvb. He has a basking zone of 110 and a coolside of 85. Papertowels for flooring. He eats superworms dusted in calcium 3-4x a week and eats a variety of greens as they are available (largely mustard and collards).

Calcifer is about 4 years old, I have had him his entire life and he has always been a little beast, however, 2 weeks from our move and he still had not pooped. I took him to the vet because I could feel in his belly a bit of a lump that seemed like poop to me. The vet gave him an enema and he pooped immediately, his urate the size of the lump I had felt. His poop was somewhat runny but it was an enema after all. We thought that would do the trick and get him back on track but since the vet poop my little man hasn't gone again. It a been about 9 days since our visit. His stomach is soft and nothing hard. His appetite somewhat decreased but I brought him some baby food squash and he will happily eat a bit of that. He is hiding a little and closing his eyes some but not frequently. Mostly his behavior is normal. Basking, full mobility etc.

Could the cold temp have triggered a brumation? He isn't hiding much more than usual, but the eye closing or sleeping is new. He still sits with his head up and watches me approach. His eyes look clear. The vet said inside his mouth looked good. I gave him a bath even though he isn't very fond of them. Rubbed his belly gently, nothing. Am I just being a worry wort? He is not a very frequent pooper anyway, usually pooping every 4 or 5 days or so.

Please let me know if I left out any info.

Calsmom

Original Poster
95548-5302497679.jpg
95548-7283272873.jpg
95548-5032838592.jpg
Here are some images of him. Tried to take one of his side/belly because he does seem a little rounder/softer?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Calcifer is reacting to both the move and the cold temps. [ BTW, he's a cutie :) ] Just be patient and he'll eventually go. Don't do another enema, thy can be dangerous. Just keep offering the baby food like sweet potato, squash, prune along with a few drops of veg. oil and/or raw honey.

Then a warmer than usual bath, even a bit deeper than usual along with a slight belly rub. He will eventually go, try not to worry. This is more common than you think.

Calsmom

Original Poster
AHBD":uexjc1wb said:
Hi there, Calcifer is reacting to both the move and the cold temps. [ BTW, he's a cutie :) ] Just be patient and he'll eventually go. Don't do another enema, thy can be dangerous. Just keep offering the baby food like sweet potato, squash, prune along with a few drops of veg. oil and/or raw honey.

Then a warmer than usual bath, even a bit deeper than usual along with a slight belly rub. He will eventually go, try not to worry. This is more common than you think.

He finally pooped! His poop was a bit runny/softer than normal and his urate is more of a cream color than the normal white. Anyway, just wondering if that's ok/what could cause that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom