Update on Beardie's health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello everyone,
Yesterday took my beardie to the vet. Found out a couple things. For one, he says its female, a beautiful girl :D :lol:

2, need to make a couple changes to her terrarium. I am not sure if she was digging (no pun intended) her new wood enclosure so I switched back to her original glass terrarium. So far she hasn't been hiding in the cave. I think the big enclosure was stressing her out too much. That's all she did in the new enclosure was wanting to hide in the cave hence why I was trying out the UVB lights but clearly, that wasn't it either. First night with her back into her original enclosure and so far she's been acting fine.

I may look into a little bigger glass terrarium preferably one with ventilation in the front. This is what the Vet recommends.

3, she was a bit nervous at the vet so she decided to go the bathroom on the table but as her poops looked the vet said its healthy solid, no liquid or diarrhea. I bought the last fecal sample test and said no medication is required and no need for another fecal test (thankfully).

Other than he said, "She's really healthy and a beautiful girl" :D He was also surprised when he asked where did you get her from? I said Petsmart. The look on his face was shocked :shock: Wow! I am surprised.

Thank you, everyone, for your help and suggestions. You guys were right she is healthy but least I know now peace of mind and know that I can stop calling a him now :p

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ha-ha ! You must have been a bit surprised, huh ? And I can't remember now but what is her name ? Glad that she got a clean bill of health. :)

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":252b9r0w said:
Ha-ha ! You must have been a bit surprised, huh ? And I can't remember now but what is her name ? Glad that she got a clean bill of health. :)

Yeah I was really surprised :eek: HA HA!
Originally the name was Dyno, so I think I'll name her Dyna :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom