Beardie not eating and wanting to hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickin

I have a 5 to 6 month old female dragon and she is not eating anymore. It has been a few days. We usually feed dubias which she loved but now only has eaten one or two in the past 3 days. We also tried getting superworms which again only ate a few and that's all. She won't eat her salads anymore which she usually devoured. We recently put a new basking rock/cave in her tank and now all she wants to do is hide inside. I was concerned she wasn't getting enough UVB light so I closed it off. Should I just let her have it and go inside whenever she pleases?

Also:
She's in a 20 gallon tank
100 watt reptisun basking bulb
10.0 reptisun uvb bulb
Her cool side is about 82 degrees and basking side is 112 degrees
She's about 8 inches long (not sure if shes small for her age)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sorry to hear that your little girl is worrying you. A 100 watt basking bulb seems like a lot of heat in only a 20 gallon tank. Can you fill us in on the type of thermometer you're using, round gauge (dial), digital strip, temperature gun or digital with a long wire & probe end?

Is the Repti-Sun 10.0 a coil/compact bulb or a fluorescent tube? How often have you been dusting with calcium & vitamins?

Have you had a fecal checked for parasites? If not, that would be a good idea so you can rule that out.

Would it be possible to post some pics of your setup for us so we can see if something might need some twinking? Follow this link and then post the {XIMG} link here. https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post pics of her set up ? Here;s how:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload

Yes, 8" would be the size of a 2-3 month old but if she starts eating right she'll grow + catch up. It's likely the store gave you the wrong age.

No superworms, they can cause impaction on a small dragon. And yes, keep the cave blocked for now. Drip water on her snout for a drink and if she is not pooing offer baby food squash + sweet potato with a drop of olive oil.

nickin

Original Poster
I realize it’s been awhile since my post but I completely forgot to respond to the replies! My baby girl is doing amazing now! She eats and only chooses to hide occasionally. At the time I had taken out one of the logs and switched it with another and I feel like she was mad about that because when I gave it back she ran right onto it and now chooses to be there most of her time! Lol she’s been growing and eating very well lately! Thanks for everyone’s reply and advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom