Done with Burmation/feeling better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
So as some may know most of my reptiles have pinworms and are being treated for them. Last night around 10 PM i was about to turn their lights off but as i was about to Saturn my male beardie finally came out of hiding, which he hasn't came out since i gave him a bath and then his meds for the pinworms which was on the 4th.
He started basking so i decided to leave the lights on for an extra hour so he could bask and get a bit of uvb and then turned them off at 11 PM.
So i'm unsure whether hes just feeling better and he was just lethargic/not eating/hiding because of the pinworms or just wondering around and then going back to his hide later because of burmation.
My female beardie Venus also has pinworms but hasn't started hiding till early morning yesterday and isn't usually lethargic or hiding except when shes stressed like when the lights went out in the summer and she hid all day until they came on the next morning.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
You just started treating for them, right? He could be feeling a little better, or the change in routine may have woken him up from his brumation cycle.

As for the female, she might be feeling a little sick from the pinworm meds. Antiparasitic medications tend to wipe out both bad and good gut flora. Buying some reptile probiotics and sprinkling it on their salads can help counteract the side effects. https://www.amazon.com/Nutribac-Dietary-Supplement-Reptiles-Amphibians/dp/B0058DVVAM

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sorry for the late reply, he did go back inside his hide again yesterday and was eating during that time. He does take food when hes in the hide as well since ive started him on the meds and she will too so im just glad their eating but i will try and get probiotics for them. I'm just glad that my juvenile is acting completely normal even on the treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom