Possible Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudasJefferson

This topic has been done to death, so first, an apology...
I just want to get some opinions with what could possibly be going on.

Recently, Leviathan, was diagnosed with coccidia and we have overcome that, but now, I have noticed that one side of his jaw has a slight yellowy tinge. A google search has given me so many conflicting symptoms for Yellow Fungus that I am completely lost. Leviathan hasn't scabby skin; however, as in the photo, he has that yellowy tinge and something is definitely up with his eye.

He's 11 months old. Temperatures are consistently around 35c to 40c. He's fed crickets and vegetables/fruits regularly. His terrarium is cleaned regularly. I think I have all the correct boxes checked.

Here's some photos:
95064-8322578086.jpg
95064-6025224575.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Please feel free to ask questions if you have any concerns like this. We are here to help and I'm happy to answer any questions the best I can even if they have been asked before.

Fortunately, I don't see anything to worry about. The light yellow is a natural color of the beard showing through waxy skin due to an oncoming shed. It looks quite healthy. Yellow fungus tends to show itself more as a wound/scab with a yellow color to it and I don't see any signs of that in your photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom