Not pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyoscar

Beardie name(s)
Oscar
Oscar has not pooped in about a week. I have given her warm baths everyday and have have massaged her stomach a bit. It is extremely squishy and fatter then usual She does not have sand in her enclosure. She hasn’t really been eating either unless it’s green beans out of my hand.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is Oscar?
Can you review your tank setup for us, such as the type/brand of UVB lighting, the temperatures,
types of foods she is eating, just to be sure it's all correct for her.
Has she ever laid infertile eggs?

Tracie

Crazyoscar

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oscar
She just turned one on October 1. We have a Zoomed reptisun 10.0 UVB. The temperatures in her tank are usually 85-100. She has not laid infertile eggs. We give her green beans and kale everyday. She gets sweet potato and cooked ground turkey rarely. She gets carrots and apple a few times a week.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Crazyoscar":24gwnyv1 said:
She just turned one on October 1. We have a Zoomed reptisun 10.0 UVB.
<<<< 13W compact ?
<<<< 26W compact ?
<<<< T8 tube ?
<<<< T5HO tube and what colour end caps are on it ?
<<<< in a reflector (dome or hood) ?
<<<< above or below a mesh lid ?
<<<< how far from the basking spot ?

The temperatures in her tank are usually 85-100. She has not laid infertile eggs. We give her green beans and kale everyday. She gets sweet potato and cooked ground turkey rarely. She gets carrots and apple a few times a week.
<<<< when do you feed her live insects ? and what kind ?
... at 12 months old she is still growing strongly and needs 1 feed of live insects per day + salad.

What substrate is she on ?

When you handle her / nurse her can you feel any hard lumps in her tummy ? = BAD

Does she often go for several days between poos ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Crazyoscar":17qqz4x0 said:
Oscar has not pooped in about a week. I have given her warm baths everyday and have have massaged her stomach a bit. It is extremely squishy and fatter then usual She does not have sand in her enclosure. She hasn’t really been eating either unless it’s green beans out of my hand.

Have you tried offering 0.4 ml of olive oil by syringe ?
Other natural mild liguid / purees that have laxative properties ?

Is she BBing ? lethargic ?

I'd cut back on the solids from now til she poos, don't want them adding to the impaction . Liquid / slurry type foods for now.

Crazyoscar

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oscar
She has tiles in her tank. She does get crickets everyday with calcium powder. She usually poops everyday or every other day. She has seemed lethargic but that has benn going on before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom