MVB problem? Morbidly obese

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lowrenz":2xlafcfh said:
So from nose to vent is 8" and nose to tail is 18" I do not have the ability to weigh her currently but I recall vet saying she was over 500grams.

20171013_125247.jpg

20171013_125242.jpg

She looks fine to me .... not the spiky sausage with 4 legs and a tail I expected .

She's just pancaking to soak up heat. NOT OBESE AT ALL.

I don't think she needs restrictions or the med AT ALL.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry, the dragon is most definitely fat. Most people are just getting used to seeing them look like this. No doubt at all that she's overweight. That's not a derogatory statement, it's just a fact.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Having said that, I DO agree that she's not morbidly obese. I don't know if the meds. are necessary or not. And I must apologize because I DID miss that you posted that she avoids the 95-105 basking temp. How long ago did that start [ her avoiding the light + heat ] ? Are you positive about the temps. ? And yes, some adults do prefer temp. in the 90's. It may be that also be that she is simply trying to brumate which many dragons safely do for part of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom