Tail rot...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had George since he was no bigger than my thumb and have gone through some issues with MBD

and finding the right UVB bulbs for his tank. Thankfully everything has been going smoothly since I

started feeding him a meal a day with Calcium powder and fixing his heat/UVB bulbs, but over this

time I've noticed the tip of his tail has been unusually dark. I've kept an eye on it over the last few

months and it doesn't seem like the area is spreading or rotting for that matter, but I have noticed a

little notch in his tail where it looks almost dented. I could just be paranoid but I just want to make

sure its nothing bad. I don't think its just the usual darkening from stress because I know what that

looks like on him and it's just the tip of his tail that is dark

92503-6985678104.jpg
92503-8481370569.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks like a healthy tail to me. It's normal for their tails to darken toward the tip like that. I don't see signs of damage like shriveling or open wounds/scabs so I don't see anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom