Supplementing bearded dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new on the forums and I wanted to know what a good supplementing schedule would be for my bearded dragons and if this would be a good schedule: Sunday: Multivitamins with d3( reptivite)
Monday:calcium without d3
Tuesday:calcium without d3
Wednesday: calcium without d3
Thursday: calcium without d3
Friday:calcium without d3
Saturday: Multivitamins with d3(reptivite)
That is what I usually do but I'm not sure if it's right. Also, they are under 6 months but I'm not sure how old they are. One I got at a reptile show and the other was a rescue from the swap meet and they were keeping him in a arboreal tank with no lights or anything except for substrate and when we asked how much he was they said he wasn't for sale because he was not doing well;obviously he wouldn't be doing well with no lights; we offered 20 bucks and they said okay. When we got him he wasn't running around or anything and now he's doing really well in his 20 gallon Long setup; he's still really small (about 7 inches with his tail) and he eats everyday which is also really good. Anyway if you guys have any good supplementing schedules please tell us what they are!! Thanks!!!

Ilovereptiles777

Original Poster
Hi I'm new on the forums and I wanted to know what a good supplementing schedule would be for my bearded dragons and if this would be a good schedule: Sunday: Multivitamins with d3( reptivite)
Monday:calcium without d3
Tuesday:calcium without d3
Wednesday: calcium without d3
Thursday: calcium without d3
Friday:calcium without d3
Saturday: Multivitamins with d3(reptivite)
That is what I usually do but I'm not sure if it's right. Also, they are under 6 months but I'm not sure how old they are. One I got at a reptile show and the other was a rescue from the swap meet and they were keeping him in a arboreal tank with no lights or anything except for substrate and when we asked how much he was they said he wasn't for sale because he was not doing well;obviously he wouldn't be doing well with no lights; we offered 20 bucks and they said okay. When we got him he wasn't running around or anything and now he's doing really well in his 20 gallon Long setup; he's still really small (about 7 inches with his tail) and he eats everyday which is also really good. Anyway if you guys have any good supplementing schedules please tell us what they are!! Thanks!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds pretty good. What kind of UVB light are you using? Current thinking is that you want to use calcium with D3 if you have a T8 tube or compact/coil (low output) but if you have a higher output bulb like a mercury vapor or a T5 tube it will provide enough UVB for them to synthesize D3 on their own so you can use plain calcium. If you want to play it safe you could go with a good all in one supplement like Repashy Calcium Plus and just offer that on the bugs at every feeding which should be fine for most situations.

Ilovereptiles777

Original Poster
I am using a Zoomed Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO 24 inch bulb for both of my beardies. Is it bad if I still give them the d3 or would they be fine even if I kept doing the same schedule that I'm doing right now? Also thanks for the suggestion!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Perfect. That should sit about 10'' up if there is a screen under the bulb or 12-14'' up without a screen. That will provide plenty of UVB so I'd just use a plain calcium going forward.

Ilovereptiles777

Original Poster
CooperDragon":11tcrla0 said:
Perfect. That should sit about 10'' up if there is a screen under the bulb or 12-14'' up without a screen. That will provide plenty of UVB so I'd just use a plain calcium going forward.

Ok well I have a log in my rescue bearded dragons tank which he just climbs on and his basking spot is on some tiles stacked up next to the two pieces of wood that he climbs on. Should I measure starting from the floor of his tank or from the wood that is right under his uvb light? Also should I still do reptivite with d3 on the weekends and plain calcium on weekdays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom