Swollen and infected tow

Status
Not open for further replies.

prince

hi! i have a male bearded dragon just over a year old. a few months ago his toe on back food became swollen and turned yellow. the nail fell out and there was some minor pussing. it seemed to be healing and he still had an appetite and remained active. two days ago i noticed dried blood on the same toe, as well as additional swelling. i have been soaking him more and today blood and pus oozed from the toe. i plan to take him to the vet this week but if anyone has any advice in the meantime i would really appreciate it.

Akire

What are you using on his enclosure floor? I would say make sure he is in super clean conditions, as to not make the infection worse. Definitely no loose substrate. I would use paper towels and change them often (daily is ideal).

Hopefully the infection has not gone into his bloodstream, which is why infections are always dangerous. If they get bad enough they can even spread into bone. The fact he has a good appetite and is active probably means it hasn't progressed to that serious of level. It's important to remember that animals are good at hiding how ill they actually are though.

The best thing you can do is take him to the vet, which you are doing. Good luck! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom