Pesticides and Bearded Dragons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

So about a week ago I moved into a new house. Turns out there is a huge cricket infestation here (wish I could feed them to my beardie. The food source would be endless lol) but had a bug guy come out and spray the house. Now obviously this stuff that they spray is not just to kill the bugs on the spot but works as preventative as well. This was 5 days ago that they guy sprayed. Is it safe to have my beardie start running around again? She loves to run around the house and I can see its killing her not being able to explore. She has a weird thing with rubbing up against baseboards and that is what I am concerned about the most. How toxic is this stuff at this point? I made sure with the bug company the stuff was pet friendly and they stood with that. However, I think they just mean towards mammals. They don't anticipate reptiles lol

Share your thoughts and facts! My beardie is dying to get out haha

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The pesticides can be rougher on dragons since they're so much smaller. I'd probably wait a bit extra just to be on the cautious side. If she doesn't ingest a bug (or anything else) that has been exposed to the pesticide, I'd imagine it will be OK. It probably comes down to which chemicals were used though. I'm not sure what would be a skin irritant to them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
You're going to have to vacuum all carpets and soft furnishing (curtains, lounges) THOROUGHLY, wash the floors thoroughly, and air the house for at least a week (IMO) to ensure all residual toxins have evaporated and are gone, and be obsessive about checking anywhere the pet dragons can go for dead and dying insects.

This is the reason why we NEVER use any pesticides WHAT SO EVER and haven't done so since I kept keeping captive bred skinks , dragons and feeder insects. I'm prepared to put up with the occasional roach , house ant or spider to ensure my pets are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom