Chicago suburbs Herp vet suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soozn79

Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for an area vet. I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago and am having a hard time coming up with vet options.
I've found a place called the Ness Exotic Wellness Center which specializes in reptiles so that's an option. They also practice holistic medicine and acupuncture and things like that so that does worry me a bit as I'd rather stick with science-based medicine.
There's only one other local vet that "sees reptiles" but that doesn't really sound too reassuring to me. I'd rather see someone who specifically knows BDs well than someone who sees them occasionally on the side of a mostly dog/cat clientele.
Anyone local have any good experiences with another vet I haven't found yet?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've been to U of Illinois teaching hospital several times for serious issues. Their advanced diagnostics and knowledge are great. It's a few hours away in Urbana though so it probably won't work easily for routine visits.

Soozn79

Original Poster
No, not the best option for routine visits unfortunately but I will definitely keep it in mind. Thanks!

Soozn79

Original Poster
Excellent, thank you so much. I'm terrible at searching this forum still so thank you for finding that for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom