Blood in Dexters mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while, my fiancé and I have noticed dry blood on dexters lips and I even posted.about it on here. Just yesterday, we noticed fresh blood on his tongue/mouth area. For more context, he has been more lathargic recently and his appetite has decreased recently. He’s also been shedding, so I figured that was why. His tank info, he has a 40 gallon breeder tank, the basking temp is around 95 degrees and the cold side is around 75 degrees. He has a 10.0 reptisun uvb lightbulb.

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on? Is he unhealthy? Should we take him to the vet? Could it be mouthrot?
82963-2297034180.jpg
82963-8040053607.jpg
82963-8107309509.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi again....I read your previous posts + he had this happening off + on. You mentioned that he was jumping around the tank a lot so he probably just scrapes it as he has done in the past. The raw honey is always the thing to put on a slight wound but if you are really worried you can just make a vet appt., but ONLY with an experienced reptile vet. Some vets will prescribe an antibiotic to be given orally for many days [ whether it's needed or not ] but in Dexter's case it might aggravate the problem by pushing a syringe in his mouth. Some dragons fight + bite the syringe.

So it doesn't look harmful but you have the option of seeing a good reptile vet if you want. I don't think it's anything serious though.

BTW, can you post pics of his tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom