Blood in Dexters mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while, my fiancé and I have noticed dry blood on dexters lips and I even posted.about it on here. Just yesterday, we noticed fresh blood on his tongue/mouth area. For more context, he has been more lathargic recently and his appetite has decreased recently. He’s also been shedding, so I figured that was why. His tank info, he has a 40 gallon breeder tank, the basking temp is around 95 degrees and the cold side is around 75 degrees. He has a 10.0 reptisun uvb lightbulb.

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on? Is he unhealthy? Should we take him to the vet? Could it be mouthrot?
82963-2297034180.jpg
82963-8040053607.jpg
82963-8107309509.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi again....I read your previous posts + he had this happening off + on. You mentioned that he was jumping around the tank a lot so he probably just scrapes it as he has done in the past. The raw honey is always the thing to put on a slight wound but if you are really worried you can just make a vet appt., but ONLY with an experienced reptile vet. Some vets will prescribe an antibiotic to be given orally for many days [ whether it's needed or not ] but in Dexter's case it might aggravate the problem by pushing a syringe in his mouth. Some dragons fight + bite the syringe.

So it doesn't look harmful but you have the option of seeing a good reptile vet if you want. I don't think it's anything serious though.

BTW, can you post pics of his tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom