Intestinal Bacteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hemingway finally pooped after about 2 weeks of not pooping, and it was the best poop he's had in a long time. Wasn't super liquidy, and had good form and it didn't really smell at all.
Only thing is there was something weird on his urate.

Warning! Posting a pic of the poo:
86297-4045911199.jpg

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So I gave Hemingway his first serving of the critical/carnivore care mixture but it was difficult as it wasn't liquid enough to put into a syringe. I had to put it piece by piece in the corner of his mouth and wait for him to eat it. Would it be okay to add a little more water and ensure to make it just liquid enough to put into a syringe?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry too much about the brown covering on the urate. I've seen it before (not sure exactly what it is) but it doesn't seem to cause an issue.

Yes, you can water down the carnivore care to make it easier to handle. Just give the recommended amount of powder and then add enough liquid to make it easy to handle in the syringe but not too much so it becomes a large volume and would be too much to eat at once. Smaller meals more frequently are better than one large meal of it at once.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So its been a month and his appetite is still not really there. He'll eat one or two roaches here and there and that's it. I still give him Reptophilus almost every day and I offer him the carnivore care but he doesn't always take it. Any clue how long it should take for him to have an appetite again? Should I try something else?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Have you tried other insects ? Is his weight pretty stable ? If so, he should be O.K ....this may even have a little bit to do with the time of year. Still, it's good to keep trying to get him to eat but as long as he's not losing weight he's not in any danger.

Adriana0918

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's not losing weight at all. He's actually gained a few grams in the last month (he's now at 444g as of November 1st) which is the weird thing so I guess I shouldn't be concerned. He just rarely has bowel movements due to not eating much and when he does they're pretty mushy. I still give him bee pollen a few times a week as well hoping it helps with something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom